Let me show you how to have a really BAAAAADDDDDDDD retirement.
I’m going to do something extremely different. I usually come here to educate you on how to be a better investor and have a better retirement. Today I’m going to show you how to really have a horrible retirement because let’s face, who needs advice.
- Keep thinking retirement is far into the future. Why prepare? Let life and expenses take its course. Remember your only 55. You have plenty of time left.
- Invest in individual stocks you personally pick. Pick the three options that sound best and let it roll. Oh, and if your company is a public company and allows you to buy their stock, ONLY invest in that company.
- Never contribute to your Retirement Plans. There are just so many other uses for your cash. Besides who knows if you will still work there next week, next month, or next year.
- Forget about the taxes in your retirement. Invest to pay maximum taxes. Because you know that’s how the billionaires do it. Let’s make sure that taxes are your largest expense in retirement.
- Buy, Buy, Buy. That boat, that car, that house. You deserve it! Also, if you can take a 401(k) loan – TAKE IT! Live for today. Accumulate all the debt you can.
- Don’t worry about inflation. That only for people that buy eggs, milk, and stamps. It will never happen to you.
These sound dumb don’t they? Then why do I see people daily doing them. Planning and retirement requires discipline folks. If you really want to retire the rules are simple. Just do the opposite of what I just told you.